Vista is "a warmed over copy of Mac OS X Tiger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
baggss said:
Trust me, while this may have been flaming for this forum, there are places I frequent where this would be considered a "Civilized" discussion.

I know what you mean. I am on other forums where it gets a bit nasty. Ususlly though people like MacAnal would be banned and IP Blocked where I hang out as they are there just to cause a war. On Anandtech Forums we had a dood who called himself GUTB for Guy Under the Bridge. he was banned and IP Blocked, so he came back and used AOL. AOL would not deal with him so a ban was placed on ALL AOL IP address's. It's still in effect.

OP
M

MJGUK

Like I've said before, it's not my decision etc....
But just in terms of my personal opinion, I tend to feel that I came here to talk about Macs (OS X) and not Windows and that if people want to talk about Windows they should do so in either a section designed for the subject, or a limited amount of threads.
It seems to me that a certain number of people, generally new users with 10 posts or less are running around just deliberately trying to cause problems and in my view, that is neither welcome nor very productive. That is of course, just my view.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
MJGUK said:
But just in terms of my personal opinion, I tend to feel that I came here to talk about Macs (OS X) and not Windows and that if people want to talk about Windows they should do so in either a section designed for the subject, or a limited amount of threads.
It seems to me that a certain number of people, generally new users with 10 posts or less are running around just deliberately trying to cause problems and in my view, that is neither welcome nor very productive. That is of course, just my view.

For those who support a "Windows on Mac forum" creation here, please chime in in THIS thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
MJGUK said:

it should almost be part of the Switcher area, since that is dedicated to those who are just coming from Windows and are learning OSX. :dummy:

MJGUK said:
seems to me that a certain number of people, generally new users with 10 posts or less are running around just deliberately trying to cause problems and in my view, that is neither welcome nor very productive. That is of course, just my view.

i'm on a number of forums and you will always find those who just like to kick over the anthill to provoke a response. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Closed.

Flaming and personal bickering are not permitted. Consider this a warning to everyone involved.

We are not like other forums, we don't allow what might be allowed elsewhere and it's part of the reason we have such a loyal base of followers. They enjoy not having to deal with the garbage that goes on elsewhere.

We're here to help each other, have good, thought provoking discussions and have a good time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
MJGUK said:
The proper section is "Other Software" for Windows discussions. If you notice someone just trying to cause trouble please use the "Report Post" function so the moderators can be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.