What email software is best to use with my IMAC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
Hey, thanks for the reply! My main query was whether files are interchangeable between the XP and OS X versions of Thunderbird... then again, I don't have that much email so it doesn't matter too much either way. I might have a look at the Mozilla website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Mozilla a very nice array of software that you should look into, not just with E-Mail, but Internet has a whole.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
thanx for the reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I like Apple's mail.app but a huge problem I encounter is that it is slow, and only speeds up when obsolete items of the mail folder are deleted. I Keep having to do this every couple of days and it gets frustrating!

I like Thunderbird by Mozilla it has a nice GUI and is fast and compatible with IMAP (which I use) and POP 3 mail servers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i have 4 accounts running through my apple mail ...its easy just like Outlook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Kyomii said:
I like Apple's mail.app but a huge problem I encounter is that it is slow, and only speeds up when obsolete items of the mail folder are deleted. I Keep having to do this every couple of days and it gets frustrating!

I don't follow what you mean, can you explain more?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Baggs

When I launch Apple's mail app, unless I have cleared obsolete items, it takes ages to receive the mail on my main account.

I do get a lot of emails a day being a mod on two forums and writing articles etc, but Thunderbird does not take anywhere near as long.

When I clear Apple's mail cache and obsolete items via onyX, it works fast and everything is fine, but I have to keep clearing it for it to work like it should.

It seems others suffer from this symptom and it is more prominent on IMAP accounts (which I use).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do POP accounts do the same or do you use POP at all? I don't have any IMAP accounts, so I have nothing to compare it to. I can say that I get a good amount of e-mail daily, but between the junk filters and auto filing rules I have set up, my POP accounts run smoothly and Mail never lags.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't use POP I'm afraid, and Mail handles POP servers better judging by what I have read.

I have junk filters etc set up, and it is not slow at sending mail, just receiving it in from the server.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.