Wireless keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
I have a brand new wireless keyboard and wonder if I can use on iPad or MacBook.
Tho it states compatible with Windows OS.

I know Apple had special keys to do many things but if all I want to do is type text wuld it work?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It may help to mention what brand & model keyboard it is. If it says compatible with Apple computers...it certianly should work with a MacBook. Aassuming the MacBook meets the minimum requirements for the keyboard (which is usually printed on the outside of the package...or in the instruction manual).

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Wireless how? Bluetooth or with a USB dongle? If through a USB dongle, then it will only work on iPad. It might work with MacBook if they have appropriate drivers. If it is a Bluetooth keyboard, it will work but if it doesn't have the Mac buttons, you'll have to use alternate keys..

Last edited:
OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
It is next tech brand. Does not say compatible with Apple. I do have wireless in my home for Apple MacBook, iPad and iPhone. Don't think it is Bluetooth... Says nothing on label.

Keyboard comes with a tiny usb attachment which I wuld plug into iPad I think to use for wireless so I am thinking that could be the dongle....
Not sure.

Mayb I will just give it to a Windows user and let it be!
Thanks for your replys.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Wireless used for the keyboard is NOT the WiFi that you are thinking about. The latter is for wireless networking purposes. If you have a dongle that's USB based, it's using some simple wireless tech likely on 900 MHz to communicate with the keyboard. Unless there are drivers for that USB dongle, it will not work on a Mac reliably..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.