MacBook Pro no Boot

Reaction score
Hi! So I'm new to this forum and just need some advice! So I was attempting to dual boot my computer to a Linux machine and OS X however, somewhere in the process the filestystem was corrupted and will no longer boot... to anything... I've tried all of the hot keys at startup and it will not boot into recovery, safe, verbose, or even allow me to pick a startup disk. It's just a blueish/grey screen after the startup chime. All systems are running fine. I hear the fan and I hear the disc run in the drive however I cannot eject the disc... It has a bootable OS on the disc and I still cannot get anything to boot... Any advice?

Edit:
Pic of ONLY screen despite what hotkey I enter. https://imgur.com/a/JgGt0

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
All systems are running fine. I hear the fan and I hear the disc run in the drive however I cannot eject the disc... It has a bootable OS on the disc and I still cannot get anything to boot... Any advice?

- What MacBook Pro model is this?
- What Mac OS version is installed?
- What "systems" are we talking about? If all systems were fine...it would boot.
- What disc are you trying to eject? Not sure if you're talking about a hard drive, a USB drive, an optical drive.

My theory. When partitioning the storage for the two partitions...something got messed up. I think booting from an external drive & running Disk Utilty would be a good place to start (at least get it booted up properly).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Take the OS drive out and and see if it gets to the "Live" disc in the optical drive. If it does, and you have an enclosure, you can then erase and format it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.