file management question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
I'm somewhat of a noob to this, but is there an action or anything relevant to OS 10.3.9 to move files to another location (minus their folders) faster than doing them one by one? I just received a disk full of fonts (and their folders) and I'm trying to move the actual font (.ttf) to my suitcase folder. If I drag the folders over, suitcase doesn't recognize the font since the font is contained within the folder. So what I've been doing, rather tediously, is moving the fonts, one by one, from their folders to the area that suitcase can recognize them. Is there a faster way to do this or am I in for a long date with my Mac? Or perhaps theres a program that can do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
On the desktop, double-click on the disk's icon to open it. Then hit apple-F. Tell it to search only on that disk for all files with the extension "ttf". It will then list all of the .ttf files on the disk. Then just select them all, and drag to your suitcase folder.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
corysw said:
On the desktop, double-click on the disk's icon to open it. Then hit apple-F. Tell it to search only on that disk for all files with the extension "ttf". It will then list all of the .ttf files on the disk. Then just select them all, and drag to your suitcase folder.

thanx so much. u really saved me a lot of time.

MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
glad i could help
;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.