Apple WiFi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.8Ghz 60Gig 512MB
Hello, I am new to the forums and to apple computers... I have a little time on them but that was some time ago...

I have grown tired of windows and the all the wholes it has as an OS... I am also tired of having to use what ever Bill and co can think up...

Apple has atracted me to there computer and I am ready to buy one... I am looking at getting the iBook G4 14" ... I know this is not the latest and greatest but I am on a fixed income and like most money is tight...

I like the looks of many of the programs apple offer grage band iPhoto and iMovie look great...

My problem lies in that all me other computers are PC's there are 3 of them but are all hardwired for the internet...

I want to go WiFi when I get the iBook but was wondering about Airport Extrem... when I use this how do I get my other PCs online... can I use any card that has g wifi or is there more to it... like a program need on the PC to make it work... and if so how hard is it to get working...

I have put me own PCs togather but I kust would like to know what is needed up front so I can prepare...

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
wifi is a set standard so you can just put in any wireless card you feel like in your PC's they will all allow you to connect to the APE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
If your 3 PCs are hardwired, just leave them like that. I suppose that you have no wireless router or access point yet. So I would just buy an Airport Express as base station, and add that to your actual network.
That means you don't have to go all wireless (generating cost and work), but can use the iBook (or any other WiFi device) without a cable, which, for a laptop, is the most convenient and comfortable.

OP
FAT MAN GO BOOM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.8Ghz 60Gig 512MB
Thanks guys that helps a lot ... I hope to have it setup in about 2 months... I can't wait...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Avalon said:
If your 3 PCs are hardwired, just leave them like that. I suppose that you have no wireless router or access point yet. So I would just buy an Airport Express as base station, and add that to your actual network.
That means you don't have to go all wireless (generating cost and work), but can use the iBook (or any other WiFi device) without a cable, which, for a laptop, is the most convenient and comfortable.

this is good advice

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.