Updates not updating?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
My iPad Air 2 says there are 5 updates.

However, when I go to the updates tab in the App Store app, these five apps are listed as they would be before updating, but immediately, they show the 'Open' button instead of the 'Update' one, as if they had already updated.

I have tried restarting the iPad and verified that the iOS is up to date.

My iPhone6s+ is updating correctly with the same level of iOS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you force closed all open apps? Press the Home button twice, then swipe up all open apps? If you have already done this, did you force restart your iPad Air 2? Hold both the On/Off button and the Home button for 10 - 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Then let it restart.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I tried deleting one of the Apps and then reinstalling it. As it was downloading it still showed up as if it would still need to be updated.
However, once it finished downloading it showed as updated today, with the other four also now allowing me to update them.

Very strange :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.