• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iphone delete voice mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
hello
i keep getting LD voice mail calls which i do not want to answer due to my very low LD plan.
i would like to erase the voice mail before opening it else i will get charged.

how do i do that or is it possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
erasing voice mails

A quick google search gives some pretty good hits:
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=iphone+delete+voice+mail&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

This one is pretty general and gives some good directions:
How to Delete Voicemail on iPhone 5/5s/6/6s
https://www.imobie.com/support/delete-voicemail-on-iphone-permanently.htm

Lots of other hits in the goole list if that doesn't work, or post back with more details included.

- Patrick
======

thanks for these links. i had already googled and tried to find answer. most links give good instructions but seem to be for voice mails that have been listened to. i know how to delete ones i have listened to.

what i need...... to delete it and NOT listen to it!! as the call is a LD voice mail
i don't want to get charged for US voice mail as I am in Canada.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
what i need...... to delete it and NOT listen to it!! as the call is a LD voice mail
i don't want to get charged for US voice mail as I am in Canada.

You can't eliminate those. Just refuse the call or get another calling plan that includes US calling. We have plans here in the US that include unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico. I'm sure you must have the same thing where you are. If not, like I said above... refuse the call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Can't you just slide to the left and select delete? What iOS version are you on?

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Mayb I am not clear on this. Is voice mail a data plan charge or a phone call charge?
If it is data, then there is no problem!!

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no I cannot slide. voice mail asks for password and then only 4 options.. one is to listen. other options r to manage options. no option to delete.to listen. I have version 9.3.3 which is up to date!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks. Mayb I am not clear on this. Is voice mail a data plan charge or a phone call charge?

Voice mail like any other incoming or outgoing call is charged against your talk minutes allocated by your plan. The problem with international calls is that they are charged a premium and not the regular rate unless it's included in your plan. Voice mail is not data. And yes, it's a phone call charge especially when it's international.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

I don't know but you sure might want to do some checking.

My son got a call from his girlfriend visiting in Mexico years ago that also got mistakenly routed to our home phone number somehow. The bottom line result was we were being charged over $800.00 for some 12 minute call that took us months to get resolved.

The resolve basically ended up telling the billing service to shove their bill up where the sun don't shine!!

PS: We are also in Canada and even Telus at the time even admitted there had been a big mistake but weren't much help with any resolution.

- Patrick
======

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info. Now that I know it is a ph call, I shall just leave the message there. Tho it's pain in butt seeing that red circle by ph incon!

Maybe I can contact Telus and see if they can help with sort of thing! Tho don't hold out too much hope.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.