XP to Mac OS

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
MJGUK said:
Hey, ezhangin....

What program or function do you use to get that menu bar of apps on your menu bar?

Cheers,

Hey MJ, all you have to do is drag your apps folder down there. Make sure you are actually looking at the folder because when I first tried that I dragged the apps folder out of the sidebar in finder (oops!). Once its down there all you have to do is right click and it will make a list of things in that folder. (Left click will open the actual apps folder). Believe it or not someone completely new to macs discovered by playing around that and told me about it, gotta love OS X.

Reaction score
The areas of software that, frankly, suck in Mac are:

1) Quicken (made by Intuit)
2) TurboTax (also made by Intuit)

see a trend here? Intuit has ripped a page right out of Micro$oft's playbook in terms of not playing nice with their monopoly.

I should also mention that Micro$oft is also a pain. They were nice enough to create Mac versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, but not Outlook. They create Entourage, which doesn't speak Outlook. Mac Word opens any *.doc file whether created with WinWord or MacWord -- same with Excel and Powerpoint. Entourage doesn't open *.pst files from WinOutlook, and this (for many people) is a gigantic PITA when switching from Win.

The Mac's are still far and away better than PCs IMHO -- in terms of hardware design, ergonomics, and human interface. This after 25 years of Win based machines, which I could tear down and rebuild, and make Windows do anything I wanted. Problem was, you HAD to have that kind of knowledge to make Windows work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.