[B]cant install Mac OS X Lion via internet recovery[/B]

Reaction score
i have a MID 2011 Desktop . as iam not a that much relevant in MAC as i work in windows. i lost my mac osx CD. so now iam trying to install lion via internet recovery booting with Command-Option-R at the chime. it started to download via internet recovery. But could not finish it. if its finish it not automatically restarting and installing .i had clearly wipe HDD. Deleted the old partition and created new one (error Code:
Download token has timed out attempting reauthorization./
Chunk validation failed, retrying
... i had attached log file also..please help me out.. Log Image.jpg

View attachment Installer Log 16-Jul-2016 (2).txt

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What and how are you downloading Lion with? It looks like you're using a BitTorrent client? If so, that is not going to work.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank for your reply@ Chscag.. No iam not using bit torrent client. i will tell you the step. what i did.
1-press the red button. then hold down the Command-Option-R.untill globe display.
2-selected my wifi connection
3-then continue to disk utility wipe the data clean and made new partition and verified the disk everything goes perfect
4- started to Re-install OS X Lion (10.7)
5-started to download components at end i got a error(Lion failed to verify install esd.dmg)
Please help me out im struck from long days in this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Last edited:
OP
A
Reaction score
Verify Permissions and Disk is grey Out. please have a look on snap shot of that error IMG_6724.JPG :Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's difficult to tell what's going on but it looks like your hard drive has problems which is why the installation of Lion is failing. You need to verify the hard drive with Disk Utility and correct any errors. If the disk won't verify, you will need to change it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.