Girl Needs Help

Reaction score
HI am just looking for some advice hear i currently own a packard bell-pent 4
windows xp. and i have decided 2 sell my xp for a few hundred plus use some of my savings to upgrade 2 a apple mac whooooo but the thing is i dont have a clue whats the best mac on the market now days i have around £1000 to spend and i no i could get a top of the range mac for around that price but im confused with all this g4 g5 business and also what is the imac with isight
all about is it as smooth as it looks.
p.s all advice welcome x charny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Currently there are 2 Macs with integrated iSight camera (MacBookPro, iMac). But the MacBookPro is pretty expensive and may not suit to your budget. If you want to buy something for less than £1000, you have two options, Intel iMac or MacMini (Single/Duo Core). Considering the fact that you are new to Apple, MacMini Duo Core is a good choice (should buy iSight camera separate though). If you want an All-In-One solution go for a Intel iMac(17” or 20”).

g4 and g5 are the processors used in old Mac models. At the end of this year Apple will build all its product lines with Intel processors. Therefore buying a Mac with an old processor may not be a good idea.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.