Account Problem

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Bob:

Hang in there... we (Nick and I) have been in contact with Penton about restoring certain permissions in our Administrative Control Panel. One of the things we could previously do was upload custom Avatars and trim them to size if they were too large. We can no longer do that which is why your original Avatar you had before you got kicked out of the data base will not upload. Your profile picture was OK in that it showed up in the Admin panel but the forum software does not use that for a personal Avatar.

Reaction score
Glad to know I was not the only poor soul to which this happened. Misery loves company and all that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Just got asked to change my password again, which is annoying.

I followed the link in the email on my iPhone and it seems I can't change my password on a mobile, which is even more annoying.

So now I have to remember the complex password that was forced upon me after a reset which was quite unnecessary :(

Edit - finally managed to change to a more memorable password.

As I get older and less able to remember things it becomes even more annoying that computers seem to forget even more quickly than I do :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
As I get older and less able to remember things it becomes even more annoying that computers seem to forget even more quickly than I do

So true, and they tend to forget so much faster as we get older, and then along comes some crazy thing telling us that we need TWO various password methods to do something that we then forget what it was before we got sidetracked. Gheese!!!

- Patrick
======

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The Mac-Forums password reset is every 120 days. Password resets on all sorts of websites is very common...it's really a part of computing. Sure it's a pain in the neck...but a lot better than the alternative...having your account hijacked (any account).:(

The Mac-Forums password reset is very very easy...it usually only takes about 5-10 seconds.:) Of course it is necessary for a member to have the proper account info to reset the password (memorized, physically written down, or stored on an electronic device somewhere). I know I personally have a list of at least 50+ different website accounts that I maintain login information for.

This password reset procedure has been in effect for over a year. Thus all members with a membership tenure of around 1 year or longer...should have gone thru this process at least 3-4 times...and it should be a very straightforward process.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So true, and they tend to forget so much faster as we get older, and then along comes some crazy thing telling us that we need TWO various password methods to do something that we then forget what it was before we got sidetracked. Gheese!!!

- Patrick
======

Our forums do not require 2FA. And as Nick advised above, resetting your Mac-Forums password is very easy. Member "Nighthawk4" mentioned about getting older and not remembering passwords. All the more reason to use either a "little black book" or some sort of password program. In case anyone wants to complain about having to buy another piece of software, your Mac already has one that's free. It's called "keychain access" located in your Utilities folder. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.