Weird Wireless Problem

C

cocoa_pants

I have an iBook G4. Everytime my iBook picks up a wireless signal, after a while it stops detecting the signal. For example, at home I have a linksys router. The wireless connection worked for several months until one day it just wouldn't work anymore. The other day I went to my friend's house. My iBook picked up the wireless signal from her wireless router, but the next day it couldn't detect it anymore. I went to the library yesterday and picked up a wireless signal. After it woke from sleep it couldn't detect a wireless signal anymore. Each time I perform network diagnostics, everything is green until Internet. Can anyone please suggest any solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
have u simply restared the laptop?

repair permissions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
I am having the same problems with my PowerBook and can't figure out what is causing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
check your airport settings (home, automatic, etc)? check the airport card is in correctly and the antenna? just throwing out possibilities.

Reaction score
Weird. I posted a similar issue/question over at Switcher Hangout (this was one of a couple issues I'm having). Both my new iMac and new iBook g4 did this. I checked and rechecked everything -- during this process once thing I noticed was my WEP password seemed to have added 1 or 2 add'l characters on its own (yes, on its own, nobody touched it -- I'm the only one in the house that knows how, and it's locked).

I didn't repair permissions -- how do you do that?

OP
C

cocoa_pants

Daddy Elmis said:
Weird. I posted a similar issue/question over at Switcher Hangout (this was one of a couple issues I'm having). Both my new iMac and new iBook g4 did this. I checked and rechecked everything -- during this process once thing I noticed was my WEP password seemed to have added 1 or 2 add'l characters on its own (yes, on its own, nobody touched it -- I'm the only one in the house that knows how, and it's locked).

I didn't repair permissions -- how do you do that?

Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.