i sight prefs? Disable auto-focus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
Hi all,

Recently bought an isight for use in a video installation I am building with Pure Data. I'm looking for pointers on a number of things:

- What res is the camera running at?
- Is there a prefs pane for altering frame rate etc?
- Can the auto focus/white balance be disabled?

I know some of these settings can be tinkered with via ichat, but is there a way to make system-wide changes to the isight settings? Maybe some 3rd party software or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
try searching google

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
Er...I have tried that, but thanks for the tip?!

I could only find details out iglasses, but that only seems to add settings to specific apps, whereas I would like to make system wide settings if poss. At the moment, the question I would most like answered if anyone has an idea is what res the isight runs at?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
There's no pref pane to set up anything about the iSight, any settings that can be changed are specific to the app that uses the iSight. There are no system-wide settings that can be set, except with iGlasses.

Resolution is VGA (640x480) with a frame rate up to 30fps, depending on your internet bandwith...

This information can easily be found at:
http://www.apple.com/isight/

The best place to get any hardware specs is mostly from the manufacturer. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.