Media Player for Intel IMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
I'm looking forward to a public real release of the intel builds of VLC. The nightly builds work fine however.

OP
M

mbp23456

two ways to make this work
and btw.. on a MBP runing XP.. works great (at work have to use XP apps)
WMVs will run in safari if you run safari through rosetta only (in preferences in safari)
MS will not be releasing a new player in universal i heard
they will eventually release the patch to play then in quicktime for intel

but as of today.. the only way to do it is to switch safari to run throuh rosetta... try it... for me it was only slightly noticably slower

OP
M

moeferg

mbp23456 said:
WMVs will run in safari if you run safari through rosetta only (in preferences in safari)

but as of today.. the only way to do it is to switch safari to run throuh rosetta... try it... for me it was only slightly noticably slower

Excuse the ignorance, I am a new user, how do I do that?

OP
M

moeferg

OK, I checked the Rosetta box and I don't think it's working yet. I tried to view a video from CNN and it said I didn'th ave the right meida player plug-in. I tried to download it and after it started I got an error that said the Flip4mac Intel version wasn't available yet. Any further suggestions.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
OP
P

pthursto

More help?

mbp23456 said:

I'm lost.

Can you be really specific on how to switch safari to run through rosetta. i went to preferences in safari and can't find anywhere to make such a switch. I admit, i'm pretty inarticulate with this stuff ... but I'd sure appreciate some help. I want to listen to Stephanie Miller online and can't find a way to do it on this amazingly awesome computer. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
VLC Player is now universal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.