Cisco VPN Client

D

donfanatico

Hello there,

does anyone know of any URLs I can download Cisco VPN client from?

Help appreciated!

OP
A

anupam1008

this link requires a login at cisco.com registered account. I did register with them, but it still does not allow to download the VPN client.

I don't understand why the inbuilt VPN client in Tiger 10.4.7 does not work properly. The VPN icon says it is connected but I still cannot ping any linux machine in my workplace using a terminal window. I assumed my workplace does not work/tunnel properly with Tiger inbuilt VPN so wanted to try the Cisco VPN client but the slightly older version I had installed comes up with error message (see attached file).

So I thought downloading the newer Cisco VPN client version may help, but even that requires a password... and even the online registration at Cisco.com did not help (arggghh !!)

Any help to make the VPN work would be really appreciated. Already there are so few Mac users and those few too choose to be not too keen to support new Windows to Mac switchers.

Anybody reading this please try to help me make the VPN connection to my workplace going ... ?

thanks a lott !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I will be willing to help you however I do not understand your problem because I do not know the error message you are getting

(see attached file)

I think you forgot to attach the file. Attach the file (if it is an approved file) or a screen shot of the error message you are getting so we can better understand your problem)

Reaction score
anupam1008 said:
this link requires a login at cisco.com registered account. I did register with them, but it still does not allow to download the VPN client.

I don't understand why the inbuilt VPN client in Tiger 10.4.7 does not work properly. The VPN icon says it is connected but I still cannot ping any linux machine in my workplace using a terminal window. I assumed my workplace does not work/tunnel properly with Tiger inbuilt VPN so wanted to try the Cisco VPN client but the slightly older version I had installed comes up with error message (see attached file).

So I thought downloading the newer Cisco VPN client version may help, but even that requires a password... and even the online registration at Cisco.com did not help (arggghh !!)

Any help to make the VPN work would be really appreciated. Already there are so few Mac users and those few too choose to be not too keen to support new Windows to Mac switchers.

Anybody reading this please try to help me make the VPN connection to my workplace going ... ?

thanks a lott !!

My company uses Cisco VPN, but they most recent client for Mac they have does not work with the Intel Macs. For whatever reason, instead of them getting it, they sent me out to get it myself.

I googled it and got a bunch of hits for the version I was looking for. Most sites were password protected, but there are some that are not. I know I got it from a college/university, but I have no idea which one (I didn't save the link). But, google it and start clicking links. You'll eventually find one that isn't password protected.

Reaction score
Wow, i was registered with them, appears i'm no longer registered :/

Oh well, i have my CCNA and ICTE.

OP
A

anupam1008

well, the Tiger inbuilt VPN client does get connected to my workplace firewall (the icon says it is connected) but when I open a terminal window, I really cannot telnet or ping any of the machines i can usually do when I am physically in office.

Alternatively, the Cisco VPN client made available by my office is slightly older version (I think 4.7) and after installation - it opens with an error message " cannot connect properly to the VPN subsystem. Make sure you have at least one network adapter with a IP address" ... something like that.

There is another place where which is unprotected where you can download the VPN client (older 4.7) -- I am posting it here - hope it helps other users looking for one - but this is the one which gives the same error message as above.

[see my post below ]

Ideally would be great is someone could post link to download the newer version of this client.

OP
A

anupam1008

Well, the Tiger inbuilt VPN client does get connected to my workplace firewall (the icon says it is connected) but when I open a terminal window, I really cannot telnet or ping any of the machines i can usually do when I am physically in office.

Alternatively, the Cisco VPN client made available by my office is slightly older version (I think 4.7) and after installation - it opens with an error message " cannot connect properly to the VPN subsystem. Make sure you have at least one network adapter with a IP address" ... something like that.

<< pls see attachment >>

There is another place where which is unprotected where you can download the VPN client (older 4.7) -- I am posting it here - hope it helps other users looking for one - but this is the one which gives the same error message as above.

[edited: guys use this link to download the newest version 4.9 of cisco vpn client. ... sshhhh ..... :dummy: ]

http://vpn.doit.wisc.edu/download/test/

Attachments

• vpn_error.jpg
    vpn_error.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
OP
A

anupam1008

my VPN works fine now - I think it may have to do something with my Airlink wireless router - I had to remove it from between the Mac and SBC DSL modem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.