Hello there! (Question from a Mac noob)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Hello there everyone, I have had my MacBook Pro now for about 3 weeks and I must say that I am in love. Although this is not my first experience with a Mac, this is the first I have owned and am very happy/proud of my purchase.

Now on to my question. My system is 1.83 Ghz w/512 MB of RAM, i'm looking to upgrade to a Gig if RAM. I found this place has some good prices but was wondering what the difference was and/or benefit from purchasing the Micron ELPIDA chip. Thanks for any help and I look forward to posting here more often.

Matt.

Reaction score
Im in the same boat.. those are very good prices for a 1 gig stick... I wanna know the answer to this also. Obvlivion is running a little skippy

bump.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I think to be on the safe side, you would be better ordering your RAM from Crucial because they guarantee compatibility and use Micron memory.

They also offer a lifetime warranty, just click for your manufacturer and follow the steps on the Crucial Memory Advisor™ Tool.

Reaction score
witch one exactly from that site would best go with a macbook pro or witch would be the best choice for it?

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Kyomii said:
I think to be on the safe side, you would be better ordering your RAM from Crucial because they guarantee compatibility and use Micron memory.

They also offer a lifetime warranty, just click for your manufacturer and follow the steps on the Crucial Memory Advisor™ Tool.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
haha i still think it's funny that it's cheaper to buy two 512 sticks than to buy one 1GB stick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Unless you need space like the iMac Core Duo, then you would need to get a stick of 1Gig Ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
I just bought a 2 GB kit (two 1 GB sticks) from Kingston. I couldn't believe how much faster it made it. The change was especially noticable in programs like Photoshop.

P

pcjabber

Kyomii said:

I second that. Crucial rocks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
BlindingLights said:
haha i still think it's funny that it's cheaper to buy two 512 sticks than to buy one 1GB stick.
That's because buying a 1GB stick allows you to have an extra slot open. Even though you're paying for less material, you are paying a premium for a higher potential in terms of max RAM.

Kyommi said:

Crucial is good stuff, but I'd also recommend RAM from www.otherworldcomputing.com. They have great customer support, and also have an Advanced Warranty Replacement system where they send you out the new replacement RAM w/ packaging to send back the bad RAM. Plus their prices aren't bad either--definitely worth the wonderful customer service in case there's ever a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.