• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Looking for Video Editing Program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro|1.83ghz|1GB|120GB|
I am a realtivley new (okay brand new) Mac user. I only got it 3 days ago. I am looking for a video editing program that is more powerful then the iWork '06 one, but less powerful/expensive then the Final Cut .

I am running a Macbook Pro
1.83 ghz processor
1GB of RAM
And 120 GB hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Try Quicktime Pro ($30 from Apple) or iMovie, it came with your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Final Cut Express isn't as daunting as FC Pro, but it's a bit more robust than iMovie. Enjoy.

Reaction score
but you cant get final cut express universal.. (i think.. correct me if im wrong)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
I would think iMovie would do just fine, unless you are into professional edditing for a company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
FC express is not universal and will not even run on intels (from what i hear)

pllay around a little more with imovie. for my last project i used that instead of final cut
-chris

S

saber2th

I just bought this G4 with OS X-10.4 Tiger. I can's seem to find iMovie! It should have it right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
if your new to mac just use imovie but if you want something really good invest in FC express at least if not pro

R

rgstrdnurse

I was using IMOVIE for a couple months till I got used to it. When I sensed that It wasnt enough for me, I purchased Final cut Express. Its very inexpensive through the Universities purchased with a student discount. Im still not using it to its fullest extent yet, but I did think IMOVIE is a good starter for the beginner.
:doctor:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.