what is ppapi...

Reaction score
due to flash recent problems i checked flash in sys pref and found ppapi asking if i want to allow plung in ......what does it do and would it make for a more secure use of flash and the i mac ??
thanks
d.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Dennis

This Google link provides more info from numerous sites than you probably need but.... https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=-gphV-iEIcez8wey9ryoDw

You are right to be careful as regards flash player. Always download it direct from the Adobe site, NEVER, from other sites where flash player is bundled with lots of Malware or worse! The general rule is: direct from Adobe. It will then sit in bottom line of System Preferences. Always update flash player from there. No add-ons or extra plug-ins needed.

As a further point; if you're nervous about flash (and you could have good reason to be), the browser, Chrome, has flash player embedded within it and it keeps itself up to date with no effort or input from you. Safest way to use flash player in my view. Just a thought.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.