Transfer of WORD files from PC to MAC

OP
S
Reaction score
I am viewing these files from an attachment to an email I sent to one of my accts.
I dont have any of the Office for MAC that you mention, however, I do have Apache Open Office and I have been tranferring from my photoless file to this app, one file at a time (copy, paste, save to ) with 225 files to go.
There must be something easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are you going to have to edit any of these documents, or just view them? You could have them saved or export as .pdf, it would make everything much easier.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I am viewing these files from an attachment to an email I sent to one of my accts.
I dont have any of the Office for MAC that you mention, however, I do have Apache Open Office and I have been tranferring from my photoless file to this app, one file at a time (copy, paste, save to ) with 225 files to go.

That's hard work and no doubt about it. Well, keep us posted on how it goes. I'm glad that something appears to be working for you.

Ian

Reaction score

There seem to be two problems. One is finding a good way to transfer a lot of Word files from a Windows PC to a Macintosh. The other is to find a way to open them that is 100% compatible with Microsoft Word. (As you have found, nothing other than Microsoft Word is 100% guaranteed to be able to open Word files perfectly.) That's compounded by the desire to find a solution that isn't going to be expensive.

I may have the perfect solution. Microsoft offers a free online version of Microsoft Office. It is cross-platform, and it comes with a nice big chunk of free storage space.

Office Online (free, from Microsoft,)
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/online/

You can install the free associated OneDrive app, and move files with it back and forth between your computers (Windows or Mac) (7GB for free):
https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/download/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onedrive/id823766827?ls=1&mt=12
OneDrive video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPehWp4jhmY

OP
S
Reaction score
HI IWT
Strange, but I have answered your questions twice before and I never see the post nor any further response. I have only Open Office.
I am now working on using Home Groups within the PC. I have been able to have the PC recognized by my MAC, but then I am asked for a password that it doesnt like.
I am a bit discouraged since everyting I try ends up at a blank wall.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi socarco

I'm sorry that you've not seen my responses - I have posted several times on this thread and I can see them all. No discourtesy was intended and should not be taken. Sometimes, one doesn't get the email that announces an addition to the thread.

I do understand your frustration. Lots of people have given their best to finding a solution. Randy's contribution, only to name one, was quite exhaustive.

Ian

OP
S
Reaction score
Moving files from pc to Mac

Hi Randy:
Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it out. Certainly seems like a solution.
This will take me a bit to set up and check out.
Regards
Socarco

OP
S
Reaction score
Moving files from PC to MAC

Hi:
Sorry, I goofed on the reply. I have noted Randy's suggestion and will follow up on it.
Thanks again for your patience.

OP
S
Reaction score
For Randy
I had already installed OneDrive on my MAC and it contains a number of files, one of which is the large file of interest.
I have not been able to sync One Drive with my PC. I cant follow the tutorial since I already have the App so that the menu for sync does not appear.
Have you any suggestions?

Reaction score
For Randy
I had already installed OneDrive on my MAC and it contains a number of files, one of which is the large file of interest.
I have not been able to sync One Drive with my PC. I cant follow the tutorial since I already have the App so that the menu for sync does not appear.
Have you any suggestions?

Sorry, but I have no experience syncing OneDrive with a Windows PC.

There is lots of information about OneDrive here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive

and if none of it helps, you can ask the community for assistance there.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Randy,
I am able to sync my PC to iPad and iPhone, but not iMac! Fotos are still iffy, so do some dont, most dont.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.