Virtual CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with 1GB ram
Hey there all,
Just wondering if you kind people could help me??

I'm after some software (or maybe i have it??) so that i can say for example. Place a cd in my drive and 'copy' it so that i dont have to keep it in yet still have the information on my MBP.

Reason for this is for applications where it goes 'please insert the cd' i just want to put a virtual copy of it on my HDD and then take out the cd.

Just wondering if this can be done??

Thanks in advance,
All the best
Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Well if it is a burned cd, of course, but for an instllation cd or software cd, I am not sure, it would be pretty neet though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah it usually does:

I just create a disk image of a disc (either with Toast or Disk Utility) and then use Toast's 'Mount it' context menu command.

That normally mounts the image in such a way that most apps treat it as a real cd. (It even mounts with a little CD icon, so it seems even the system is fooled).

K

Kokopelli

Probably, though to a certain extent it will depend on what kind of protection is on the CD. What Mac software requires the CD? Games I guess....

Two options come to mind:
1) Disk Utility (File => New Disk Image => From device )
2) Toast

EDIT: Way too slow checking on my info I guess. :)

OP
Going2fast
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with 1GB ram
Ahh right awesome, so its possible great stuff. Yeah its use is for game(s) really. Plus i found when i was a PC user games would run quicker due to the information being there and not read from a cd, all be it seconds but ya know ;)

So is Toast an application ive gotta download? or something that comes on OS x ?

Thanks for the help,
its really much appricated :D
Andy

OP
Going2fast
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with 1GB ram
Ah right awesome, ive found it on the next but finding a demo or somethin is proving hard.

I understand what ive gotta do now, ive been playing with 'DU' but i think because im trying to make an image of a game cd (legal) its not letting me do it.
Well atleast i think that.

Cheers for the help all.
Andy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.