transfer iTunes mp3's inc playlists, help!!!!!

M

macdappa

I know there's been a few threads already written about this, but I still can't work it out...!!!
My 60gb drive is full so I've purchased a 250gb drive. I've installed OX Tiger and partitoned the drives into three. One for system/apps one for graphics/pics and one for sound samples/music including itunes mp3's. Itunes has been updated to 6.0.4.
I've dragged my old itunes folder (20gb) into the "Sound" partition (so the mp3's are on the partition to be used), told itunes to use the newly created "NEW iTunes Music" folder via preferences, advanced, change. Then gone to "Consolidate Library" via the "advanced" drop down menu and clicked consolidate.
Nothing happens...
I followed this from the apple site.
I defintely don't want to loose all my playlists or folders so copying them back in one by one is not an option.
I tried the export/import library and that imported my playlists/folders but could not find the mp3's.
I tried "List saver" but it couldn't find the files, it also got rid of my own created folders in itunes.
What am I doing wrong...!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Call the help support and/or internet chat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.