Word 2011 issues with custom paper sizes

Reaction score
we are trying to create a custom paper size 4.25 by 7 in for printing. We have tried to go into page setup and create the new size and named it. However when we attempt to format the document the paper size we have created is greyed out. under print menu we can select a paper size of other that matches the size we created. However when we print the printer tells me the paper size doesn't match. The printer is an office let 6700.

I have searched many posts however the menus do not match what word 2011 is showing on El Capitan.

OP
P
Reaction score
by reverting to an old copy of the file from backup the paper size is now properly selectable. However still get paper size mismatch when printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Might be worth trying HP support forums if you haven't already. There seems to be a few queries in this area. At least you are using OSX - the windows drivers for this printer don't support custom paper sizes at all!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
by reverting to an old copy of the file from backup the paper size is now properly selectable. However still get paper size mismatch when printing

In order to print the size you selected, your HP Office Jet 6700 has to support it. Apparently it does not. As member Sawday advised, check with HP tech support.

OP
P
Reaction score
In order to print the size you selected, your HP Office Jet 6700 has to support it. Apparently it does not. As member Sawday advised, check with HP tech support.
I downloaded latest driver from HP and now I can at least print. However when I try to manage custom sizes it lets me create new size say 4.25 by 7. However in the format document dialog I can manage custom sizes but the named one is greyed out but I can select other that is the size I want. Same is true for page setup dialog and the print [age setup dialog under File.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.