Wireless USB Wifi Setup (Dongle) Question.

D

dossier

I am a new Mac user trying to setup a Wi-Fi connection for my G4. I am connecting to a city wide open wifi network.

I am using an Add Logix usb adapter, which supports Mac OSx.

My computer does see the USB adapter in the more info tab, so it seems that the driver is good, and is the USB.

In Windows, usually there is a program that comes bundled with that will allow you to view the wireless networks with in the area. But, in my Network settings the USB adapter is not showing, and no networks are found.

I am running Mac OSX Panther 10.3, on a 450 MHZ G4. I have plenty of RAM, and a 40 Gig HD.

Any thoughts, or ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you.

OP
E

ebgwd

dossier said:
I am a new Mac user trying to setup a Wi-Fi connection for my G4. I am connecting to a city wide open wifi network.

I am using an Add Logix usb adapter, which supports Mac OSx.

My computer does see the USB adapter in the more info tab, so it seems that the driver is good, and is the USB.

In Windows, usually there is a program that comes bundled with that will allow you to view the wireless networks with in the area. But, in my Network settings the USB adapter is not showing, and no networks are found.

I am running Mac OSX Panther 10.3, on a 450 MHZ G4. I have plenty of RAM, and a 40 Gig HD.

Any thoughts, or ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you.
=================
I am a newbie too....
I used this link to set my USB wireless up.
www.afterthemac.com/wireless/usb_wifi
Please, let me know what transfer speeds you get.
Thanks
=================

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.