Considering a switch? DO IT! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
I'm feeling happy today. So happy that I feel like flooding the forum with some e-love... okay maybe not flooding but, maybe just sharing some e-love instead...

Truth is, a lot of times, the only thing that circulates around here are posts about issues w/ Macs, because well, why come here and figure out a problem that you don't have?

Now I know this only pertains to the MacBook Pros but well... how many complaints have you heard about other Macs in comparison to the MBPs?

Anyway, here's something to make Good Friday a cheery and happy Friday! A thread full of nothing but POSITIVE TESTIMONIALS!

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=292428

Have a great Easter weekend everyone (if you observe it or something).

Reaction score
It's nice to hear that you don't have any issues (with your mac). But every computer, with whatever software is a very complex entity and will run into issues. Remember, we are at the very beginning of the computing age. A time will come when code becomes error free, when all we have to do is combine code in itneresting ways, for it will already be perfectly coded.

Every computer can break, because it's made of so many parts, and tthe software can glitch, because it does an immense amount of work. Just think about it. It displays information stored as 0s and 1s somewhere on a server and turns it into Arial Sans Serif. When I write this post, it will be transferred and when you read it, it will be accessed and retransferred again. It's huge.

So macs ar not problem free, they have less problems though. And I too never had any trouble (touch wood) but it's possible. And it'll be fixed.

Have a nice easter.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
So, I guess my intention for this post wasn't to start a discussion about whether or not there is a complexity behind how computers work. It was more to give potential switchers another perspective that they rarely get.

If someone were to come on these forums, it would be hard to think anything other than that the MacBook Pros are ridden with bugs and issues. I was merely posting a link to a collaborative thread of people who are completely satisfied with their purchase, and that the plague of problems that seems to be spreading through the MacBook Pros with a frenzied force, is more or less your TYPICAL handful of problem cases which have surfaced on the internet, as they should.

Obviously computers will run into issues, that's what they do. I mean afterall, they are created by humans who are by no means exempt from errors themselves. I find this completely irrelevant to my original post though (not because I don't know the details of what goes on behind the scenes... I'm a Computer Science Engineer so there's no lacking in the knowledge of that department) as this is true with ALL computers, and therefore can be discarded. I was referring specifically to the few "hot" issues w/ the MacBook Pros, ie., the whine, display inverter noise, etc..

That was the purpose of my post: To point out to people considering a MacBook Pro, or any other Mac or computer or anything. The information on the internet is only a miniscule part of the entire information base out there. Don't let a small sample prevent you from following through on somethign you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
yogi said:
It's nice to hear that you don't have any issues (with your mac). But every computer, with whatever software is a very complex entity and will run into issues. Remember, we are at the very beginning of the computing age. A time will come when code becomes error free, when all we have to do is combine code in itneresting ways, for it will already be perfectly coded.

Every computer can break, because it's made of so many parts, and tthe software can glitch, because it does an immense amount of work. Just think about it. It displays information stored as 0s and 1s somewhere on a server and turns it into Arial Sans Serif. When I write this post, it will be transferred and when you read it, it will be accessed and retransferred again. It's huge.

So macs ar not problem free, they have less problems though. And I too never had any trouble (touch wood) but it's possible. And it'll be fixed.

Have a nice easter.

debbie_downer.jpg

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
I think he posted it to essentially say "Wow, be more pessimistic" without having to type any real words.

Reaction score
*lol*

I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. Sad fact that reality is rather glum.

What I'm trying to say is, that when we propagate our wonderful macs (and they are wonderful, no doubt) we tend to over-idealize things, and kind of forget that PC's have *some* strong points and Macs have some issues too. Especially new Intel macs.

That's all. I don't want to dampen anyone's hope for the perfect computer coming out later this August or so... but well, you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 17" Intel
I have nothing but love for my new Imac 17" Intel machine...
I keep hearing about these problems, but i've not experienced any.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
slyydrr said:
I'm feeling happy today. So happy that I feel like flooding the forum with some e-love... okay maybe not flooding but, maybe just sharing some e-love instead...

Just make sure you use safe practices when spreading your *ahem* e-love. :spook: :dummy: :p

Welcome to the fold, hopefully your Mac will be as trouble free as mine has been.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. Sad fact that reality is rather glum.

I think I've found a new signature!

Welcome to the mac, enjoy your stay and we all hope its a long a pleasurable one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.