MacBook Pros Price Dropping?

J

Jaxx

Hey, I'm new here and I was just wondering if you guys think the MacBook Pro's price is ever going to start coming down, if yes when? I want the 2.0 GHz 1 GB of RAM but frankly don't have the extra $2500 on hand to purchase it, thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
most likely they will not drop, if they do drop it will not be soon.
just a guess though
-chris

OP
J

jacostilllives

yea i doubt the prices are going to drop either. The top of the line mac laptops always run about 2-3k depending on what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
Actually, I disagree... read this news article for details, and translate it how you wish. To me, it says that either the base CPU speed will go up, or prices will drop some. Now whether or not Apple incorporates the upgraded CPU into their MacBook Pro is another story but history proves that they'd definitely at least consider it.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/04/13/faster.intel.core.duo.chip/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
slyydrr that does make sense but from what i can remember from my short time of watching macs semi-closely is that they will drop the 1.83ghz machine, make either the 2.0 or the 2.16 the 'low end' macbook pro and make the new fastest one the higher end machine keeping all of the prices about the same.

OR, make 3 models. the 1.83 (price drop it a little bit) the 2.16 and the new 2.33 machine as the top of the line (or maybe 17 inch) macbook pro

but you still never know!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
My guess is that IF they do anything, it'll be going to 1.83/2.0/2.33 or 1.83/2.16/2.33 or 2.0/2.16/2.33 as their lineup. They can make more money off of keeping the price the same and upgrading the hardware rather than keeping the hardware the same and dropping the price.

Reaction score
If anything, they'll keep prices the same and just drop the slowest processor off the line up, like they have generally been doing for all their laptops for the past 2 years, while I've been watching mac.

Smeshy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.