Battery problem

M

mxben24

Hey. I own a POwerbook g4 and i love it. One problem is the battery. Its always messin me about. Sometimes the laptop says that its fully charged and irts not even charged at all. At the moment, the battery wont even charge. Well the red light glows on the charger but the battery doesnt charge (through looking at the light on the battery, its always really low) and on some occasions it just says that there is not battery available. ve tried the usuals like taking the battery out and putting it back in properly. Ive tried charging it in sleep and **** down mode and still it doesnt work. Any ideas on the problem or how to fix it? Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
have you run all the latest apple OS updates on your computer.

Only thing i can think of is leave the computer on until it drains itself to the point where it is almost asleep. Shut down the computer and just let it charge until the battery indicators on the battery itself are full

OP
P

PowerbookG417

trpnmonkey41 said:
have you run all the latest apple OS updates on your computer.

Only thing i can think of is leave the computer on until it drains itself to the point where it is almost asleep. Shut down the computer and just let it charge until the battery indicators on the battery itself are full

i had this same issue a couple of times with my powerbook aswell, but all i did was shut it down unplugged and then restarted it and then plug it back in but i had enough power to get the book to come back up.

make sure you run an update as well cause there is a patch now for the batterys on all TI's and AL's powerbook and i think the Ibook too...really good patch..extended my battery life about an xtra hour.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.