QuickCam Pro 4000 & Other Options?

F

ForeverG5

Hi everyone.
I am in the market for a web camera for my iBook, and while I would love an iSight, it is too expensive. I can't see paying $149. So, I am looking for something cheaper that has good image/video quality (not grainy or dark) and that will mount to the top of my iBook's screen as an iSight would.

I found the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000. Do any of you have it? I am curious as I have heard mixed things about it. How's the video quality?

Any suggestions or opinions are much appreciated. Thank you guys! :)
-Caitlyn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
ForeverG5 said:
Hi everyone.
I am in the market for a web camera for my iBook, and while I would love an iSight, it is too expensive. I can't see paying $149. So, I am looking for something cheaper that has good image/video quality (not grainy or dark) and that will mount to the top of my iBook's screen as an iSight would.

I found the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000. Do any of you have it? I am curious as I have heard mixed things about it. How's the video quality?

Any suggestions or opinions are much appreciated. Thank you guys! :)
-Caitlyn
I have one that I swap between my Windows desktop and my Powerbook G4 laptop and it works great on both of them. Crystal clear picture and very fast for video chat. I mostly use it with iVisit and have not ever used iChat since I don't know anyone in AIM or Jabber so not sure about how it would work there, but works great with iVisit and for just capturing stills and short movies with its own capture software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.