i cannot connect my Ibook G3 to the internet via Airport

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Also Windows has to run an that many different models and brands, some with delicate security measures so it is a rule of the lowest common denominator whereas all Macs, apart from a handful of pre-Intel versions, are made by Apple and then operating system is designed exclusively to run on them with the strong Unix based OS X.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Also, keep in mind that the build quality on many Windows boxes is not the same as most Macs. if you are comparing Macs to say, for example, some of the Dell boxes the price difference is not nearly as large.

OP
N
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that the build quality on many Windows boxes is not the same as most Macs. if you are comparing Macs to say, for example, some of the Dell boxes the price difference is not nearly as large.

That is very true - i have seen some horrendously priced Windows boxes and ive seen some more reasonably priced ones..i guess it depends on what you are looking for and what you need the computer to do..the 'puter im using now is a tower Dell running on W7 (W10 sucks) and pretty much thought Mac computers were similar..ive been educated, lol! :D

OP
N
Reaction score
Also Windows has to run an that many different models and brands, some with delicate security measures so it is a rule of the lowest common denominator whereas all Macs, apart from a handful of pre-Intel versions, are made by Apple and then operating system is designed exclusively to run on them with the strong Unix based OS X.

Its interesting to learn all this stuff..coming in as a n00b who has only ever used Windows..i guess Apple can afford to charge what they like for a product that is exclusive to them, made exclusively by them - i was originally in the market to buy a Air book (thinking i could get a reconditioned one for a reasonable price) seeing as recond. Windows laptops are cheap to buy..but as soon as i saw the prices, my jaw dropped! - now i know why!

OP
N
Reaction score
What I find a little strange - especially as i have been looking around for a Mac - is that even older products and reconditioned Macs are expensive! - you would think that with new products coming on the market all the time, older products would become cheaper to buy; but that is not the case with Macs..you may get a few bucks knocked off. but overall, the prices remain unchanged..is that all part of the uniqueness of Apple you talked of?

its actually quite amazing when you consider it that Apple has stood its ground with high-end prices when they have competition from Windows..but then, Windows hasnt cornered the market with smartphones and tablets!

Reaction score
NZG73, i replied to your PM.

message me back, think can help you as I AM in UK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.