GarageBand 10 changing the timing on my vocal!

Reaction score
No it isn't me lol. I use GarageBand all the time and I have never had this issue. The only thing I did differently today was I used the automatic drummer which was kind of cool. I recorded two guitar tracks, no problem. Recorded vox and when I played them back they were delayed by a half beat, and kind of flattened and lengthened out, almost like it was trying to automate something to match the drummer. When i couldn't fix it, I mixed the drum and guitar tracks down and dropped the new mix into a new GarageBand file. I recorded the vocal, same thing. I turned on the metronome, recorded a clap to it, and when I played it back the metronome was right and the clap was a half beat behind it. What is going on?? Please and thank you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
I don't know your full recording set up, so I will ask you do you think it may be simple latency? How much signal processing is going on when tracking? Compressors?, EQ's?, delays? reverb? AD/DA conversion?, etc. Is it possible to nudge/shift your vocal track(s) forward 1/2 beat?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.