Why are podcasts I download disappearing?

Reaction score
Often, I hit the cloud icon in iTunes to download a podcast to my computer. It appears to download, and the icon disappears....but when I'm later off the internet, the cloud icon is still there and it is apparently not downloaded. This isn't uncommon. Thoughts?

Reaction score
In iTunes preferences, is iCloud Music Library turned on?
Is your disk running full?
Does this happen to a specific podcast or any of them, and are you able to play back the file once downloaded?

Reaction score
However since he mentions iTunes, we can assume he's on a Mac - therefore the memory management feature doesn't apply.

OP
O
Reaction score
It happens with all of them. Also, this sounds dumb, but i cant find the icloud music library in my preferences. Bummer. I still have over 30 GB's free on my computer.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for the help.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@oxband

What Mac have you got and what OS are you running? And what version of iTunes, please. (12.3.3 is the latest)

iTunes Music Library is found, as I guess you know, in Preferences > General, and it's the top item. But it may not be there depending on which OS and what version of iTunes you have.

Also, having just 30GB of space on your HDD is way too small. The general recommendation is that you always keep around 20% of your HDD storage space free. It would help us if you mentioned the storage capacity of your HDD.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.