Is It Appropriate Or Allowed To Post Nice Comments About A Vendor Or A Member?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
There were two vendors who I've dealt with recently who went above and beyond with their services. One was hardware & one software. So I had an idea:
It would be nice if others could hear the positive experiences that people have with vendors to help them with purchase decisions (or even what free apps are good).

Is it appropriate to post a nice comment about a vendor with whom a member has had happy interactions? Where in the forum would one would put such a comment? I looked around to see if there was a specific place for such posts but didn't see one.
And, I'm not sure if it is even allowed here. I know such helpful comments are sometimes included in replies to specific problem questions. Actually, that is how I found the software vendor I refer to in the first paragraph. Someone suggested them in a reply to a member's question.

Maybe it would be nifty to have a section in this group just for such comments. (Maybe...)
I'd have to guess that it could impose a new load on the administrators & moderators; who already work to keep this group nice while sifting the wheat from the chaff.
Also on the "Bad Plan" side of the proverbial coin, there is a chance for abuse. For instance, if I were a big ol crook vendor I could become a member of this user group and post nice stuff about company under a fake name. But maybe the follow-up comments from other members would act kind of like a self-correcting feature.

To take the idea a bit farther:
And, what do you all think about the section including positive comments mentioning members who consistently answer people's questions with helpful & knowledgeable replies? Or, maybe have a section just for thanking members.
It would be something that expands on adding to the reputation with the Thumbs Up! icon. People could mention how member so-and-so taught them about a particular aspect of Mac computing or hardware.

Those members, administrators & moderators generously provide knowledge to so many people & to all the others who find the posts and then learn good, accurate & functional information- Like me. This forum is the jackpot of correct information & has saved me hours upon hours of trying to figure out stuff via broad internet searches & library books.

Thanks for reading my ideas. But, keep in mind that I am suggesting them and am not the one who has to do all the work to maintain the sections. For that, we must thank the Administrators & Moderators.

Enjoy This Day!
Paul

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is it appropriate to post a nice comment about a vendor with whom a member has had happy interactions? Where in the forum would one would put such a comment? I looked around to see if there was a specific place for such posts but didn't see one.

Yes, it's allowed provided you don't get carried away... or advertise for them. ;D

All such comments should be placed in the "Schweb's Lounge" forum.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for asking the question before posting Paul.

Yes we have had people become members in the hope of posting positive comments about an app or vendor. Fortunately there are members of the admin team who seem to have a nose for that kind of thing. :\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Most definitely great to hear positive experiences with vendors. Folks post threads all the time about how they hate various vendors, apps, etc. So it always nice to be fair & balanced…and hear positive things too.:) But as mentioned…if things border on advertising…that's not allowable.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh guys remember the days of Ms Moreno promoting, and defending, Mackeeper?

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Thanks All for answering! I'm glad positive comments are allowed. There are couple I'll post today to get the ball rolling. Hopefully it rolls straight & stays true to course.
Enjoy This Day!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.