Mac Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Hi Guys,

New to Mac, new member so be gentle.

I'm having problems with my mail. Before I get the HTML lecture I don't use plain text format to send messages. Which is fine and they are sent through but they are all being wrapped as though they are being sent in plain text format.

Also my HTML signature displays fine but when I send it is converted to plain text. I've done a search here and on google - but can't quite figure out what the problems are. I dont like to accept that Mail can't support HTML signatures as one of my colleague's signature is HTML and it displays fine.

I may be doing something stupid but I can't figure it out!

Thanks guys and gals

Ad :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All sorted now thanks!! :miner:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just for the record and to help someone else down the line, what was the problem?

...Dennis

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It kept changing the setting back to plain text - no idea why but all sorted now. Very strange!

M

MJGUK

Ahh.
It can be quite easy to reset changes made in Preferences, unless you save them correctly. It happened to me a lot when I first started using mail.
Once you've changed data in a tab it's best to change to another tab and it will give you a dialog box with the option to save your changes.

Otherwise you just end up continuously changing your Preferences with none of the changes actually saving once you exit the window :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.