Mouse (I presume) starts opening all sorts of programs and I have no control. HELP

Reaction score
This has been occurring for a few weeks now. All of a sudden my cursor just starts running randomly and opening and shutting programs. I did a google search when it firsts started and put in fresh batteries and turned off my track pad that I had kept close by. Had company for a week so didn't even turn my computer on until yesterday and it started again. I did have Lightroom and Photoshop open (CC 2015). Using the Apple Magic Mouse....do they go bad? One place I read said to change mouse pads which I did prior.

History: In November I was told my hard drive was going out so Apple installed a new hard drive, so I am only 3 months into the "new' one. Computer seems to still run slow. I am running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.4 on my 21 inch iMac (Late 2012) Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 gigs of Memory and a NVDIA GeForce GT 650 512 MB Graphics Card.

This is't fun!!! I don't know if my computer is going bad or what......Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Karen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.