Boot camp questions

Reaction score
A few

1) do you think that Boot Camp, non-beta, will be available for download or will it only be included in Leopard?

2) will boot camp support Vista?

3) what would be a good minimum allocation of disk space on a 160gb hard drive if I need to install it, but only for a "I HAVE TO USE A WINDOWS" situation (i dont like windows otherwise)?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Hey Doggfather,

thadoggfather said:
1) do you think that Boot Camp, non-beta, will be available for download or will it only be included in Leopard?
Apple has said that by the time the beta program is over, Leopard will be released with Boot Camp included. Most likely, it will not be available as a standalone item.
2) will boot camp support Vista?
Unknown at this time.
3) what would be a good minimum allocation of disk space on a 160gb hard drive if I need to install it, but only for a "I HAVE TO USE A WINDOWS" situation (i dont like windows otherwise)?
Depends on the applications you intend on running. I loaded MS Office 2000 and Adobe Audition in my Windows partition on my Core Duo Mini, and it's taken up about 5 GB.

Enjoy.

X

xbrian87

I put 40gb into XP and 120 into OSX for my 17" duo.

I only use XP for one game, but having a bit of buffer space just in case is a wise idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.