morrowind oblivion on macbook pro?

Reaction score
do you think morrowind oblivion would run well on the macbook pro with bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
I think it would run extremely well if you had the ram. It recomends 1GB of RAM, 3.0 GHz+ processor, and requires at least 128MB of VRAM.

The MacBook Pro comes with 512MB or 1GB and can be upgraded, and has 256MB of VRAM on the higher model. While the processor is only 2.0GHz, it is dual core so its like having 2 2.0GHz procs.

N

nickpan

no it's not..its like having two cores...not two processors which enables you to mulitask using physical means rather than the virtual application of hyper threading used in the past

the game should work well with a top spec mbp, however ive heard that apple have been underclocking their gfx cards...dunno if thats still the case

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
nickpan said:
no it's not..its like having two cores...not two processors which enables you to mulitask using physical means rather than the virtual application of hyper threading used in the past

the game should work well with a top spec mbp, however ive heard that apple have been underclocking their gfx cards...dunno if thats still the case

do try it out, i want to know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
The great news is that Oblivion is built to take advantage of multi core processors (thank the xbox 360 for that one) and will use both of the cores so the performance should be excellent. Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 also do this so there is lots of Multicore high speed gaming ahead, yay!

OP
E
Reaction score
oblivion runs real good on the macbook in windowed mode.... with my 512 megs of memory it was the only way it would play clearly... the full screen in 1024 skipped a little when outdoors,, the levels are just too huge... I need anotehr 512 stick would that do the trick? what was that site that sold them cheap?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
It runs well? good, b/c I'm getting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion... I've been dying to play it, heard so many good things about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
Has anyone tried this with Parallells? I am interested to see what it would run like on a 2.16, 2Gb MBP?

L

Left Face Down

elildo said:
oblivion runs real good on the macbook in windowed mode.... with my 512 megs of memory it was the only way it would play clearly... the full screen in 1024 skipped a little when outdoors,, the levels are just too huge... I need anotehr 512 stick would that do the trick? what was that site that sold them cheap?

Turn off the trees and buildings in the distant landscape, it's in the options of the very first thing that pops up. Before the game really starts and you get the main screen.

I had to do that for it not to lag, and show at my normal 1280x800 res (my laptop hates changing res).

All I have to say is I'm a little saddened by my laptops performance on that note, with a Intel Duo 1.86 Ghz, nVidia GeForce Go 7400 (256Mb) and 1 gig of RAM I still can barelly run it. Atleast when running it at my normal res it doesn't throw fits.

Anyways, I'm getting off subject. I'm sorry, I've been playing that game all night. My plans to get a MacBook Pro were ruined, but I still have pondered the idea of getting a Mac in the future when Bootcamp is out of Beta, be it Boot Camp or something else at that time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Since you are in the market of getting another stick of RAM, you might as well get a 1Gig stick, so then it will even further extend in the use of gaming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.