Mouse action does not align with pointer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
This MAY be just a coincidence but since upgrading to OSX 10.11.4 and the latest version of Java (both done this week), my mouse pointer no longer aligns with the action. eg in this forum when the pointer is over 'New Post's menu item, the 'Articles' tab is highlighted. and in Hotmail.com the message highlighted is two lines above where the mouse pointer is. Only Firefox appears to be affected as this behaviour is not seen in Safari. Any clues as to how I can correct this?

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I restarted Firefox several times and unloaded and reloaded the (very few) add-ons I have with no effect. I have also restarted OSX twice with no effect. I have just rebooted the mac ie physically switching off and on again after a pause (for a coffee break!) and lo and behold all is back to normal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.