Smart Playlist being dumb

J

JimmyHat

I have a smart playlist set up to give me a shuffle based on my own preferences. It is fed by 6 other smart playlists, which are based on criteria regarding their rating and the last time they were played. 5 star songs will only be heard once a day, and 0 star songs will only be heard once every two weeks or so (just to give you an idea).

When I first set it up, it worked beautifully! I have the shuffle list limited to 1 hour, and to match any rule. The rules are that the songs must be in one of the 6 "feeder" playlists. It is set to "Live Update" and "Match checked songs only" and "limit to 1 hour selected by random" When it was working, as a song finished, it would disappear from the list, and another would appear at the bottom of the list.

Basically, it was working like party shuffle, but I hear higher rated songs more often. I like it set up this way.

Now, for some reason, it's not working as well. Instead of adding a new song at the bottom of the list, it will sometimes replace the song I just finished listening to with another one. The problem with this is that it will play the next song in the list. It won't go up the list and play these songs, and eventually I think it will reach the end of the list.

Does anyone know why it would do this? It was doing it constantly when I had each feeder playlist set to match checked songs only, but the parent one did not have that selected. When I changed it, I thought I had solved the problem, but now it comes back about half the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
could it possibly be something like the way that you have the playlist ordered??? eg alphabetical by song/artist/album, time length, artist??
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.