Rumors of the Mac Mini going away? Thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tim1014

Hello,

I have a late 2014 Mac Mini. I read rumors recently (absolutely nothing factual) where tech sites speculated that because Apple didn't do much in updating the Mac Mini's that they were trying to phase it out so they can focus more on the Imac machines. I know this is speculation, but does anyone think that there might be some truth to this or that it's just nonsense?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When posting a rumor…it is always best to include a link of some sort to at least give the rumor some credibility.

Otherwise this could just be something "average-Joe A" says to "average-Joe B…that "average-Joe C" overhears & posts on Mac-Forums.;);)

I've actually come across the complete opposite information…a suspected Mac-Mini 2016 model reported by MacWorld UK:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac/...pecs-features-uk-price-rumours-march-3472956/

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
T

tim1014

When posting a rumor…it is always best to include a link of some sort to at least give the rumor some credibility.

Otherwise this could just be something "average-Joe A" says to "average-Joe B…that "average-Joe C" overhears & posts on Mac-Forums.;);)

I've actually come across the complete opposite information…a suspected Mac-Mini 2016 model reported by MacWorld UK:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac/...pecs-features-uk-price-rumours-march-3472956/

Thanks,

- Nick

It wasn't that scenario at all, actually. Like I said, I read it on a website at work and couldn't remember what one by the time of this posting at home. And like I mentioned, it was complete speculation. My friends and I don't talk to each other about Mac Mini's lol. I was just wondering, in all of your opinions, do you think this and why. But yeah, I wish I had a link for you, but I don't. I'll try to Google it later if I have time. And thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Usually if something like that will happen I will run into it as I am all over the very respected Mac rumor sites and I have seen nothing about the Mini going away. I sure hope it does not.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It wasn't that scenario at all, actually.

That was just a hypothetical example…ACTUALLY!;)

Like I said, I read it on a website at work and couldn't remember what one by the time of this posting at home. And like I mentioned, it was complete speculation. My friends and I don't talk to each other about Mac Mini's lol.

Have no idea what sort of website this info came from…or how creditable that website is. That's why without a link…this rumor doesn't have much more credibility than the hypothetical example I presented (average-Joe A, B, and C).;)

I was just wondering, in all of your opinions, do you think this and why.

There's been absolutely no discussion here on this topic. Thus why a link from a creditable website on this rumor would go a long way substantiating it.

But yeah, I wish I had a link for you, but I don't. I'll try to Google it later if I have time. And thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

I'm sure I and others would certainly appreciate a link for this rumor declaring the Mac-Mini dead.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
By the way. The reason why I'm being a bit "insistent" on the point of including a link to this rumor is…it's really a requirement for posting in this area (Rumors & Reports). Please read post #2 in this link:

http://www.mac-forums.com/apple-rumors-and-reports/announcements.html

"This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing."
"If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here."
"If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted."

Thanks,:)

- Nick

Last edited:
OP
T

tim1014

I'm sure I and others would certainly appreciate a link for this rumor declaring the Mac-Mini dead.

- Nick

They didn't declare it as being dead. I was saying in the title of this post "Rumors of the Mac Mini going away? Thoughts." because it isn't gone yet and wanted to know what peoples thoughts would be on the possibility based on the little info I mentioned (or to see if anyone else heard this bit of speculation). They speculated that Apple might try to phase it out to focus on their more higher end products. Nothing factual was posted, as mentioned. I don't have the link and might not after tonight, so you can go in accordance with this forums rule book and delete the thread. I had no idea a hypothetical question based on something I read would turn into this lol. I really didn't know it was a requirement to post links to talk about a rumor, so I do apologize. Enjoy the day.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have the link and might not after tonight, so you can go in accordance with this forums rule book and delete the thread. I had no idea a hypothetical question based on something I read would turn into this lol. I really didn't know it was a requirement to post links to talk about a rumor...

Thread closed.

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.