Switcher Documentation Project

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently working on what I call the Switch KnowledgeBase.

It's a repository of information for anyone who wants to switched or just did so.
It will be built up in 3 sections:
1. Why switch? -> General switching infos
2. Learning OS X -> Short articles about OS X in-built features.
3. Learning the iApps -> Short articles on general usage of things like iLife, Adium and other macworld-apps.

So while the concept might still be fuzzy and has to be laid out, I will need some people who write these articles, just short tutorials on the general usage of an app. Like show general tasks in itunes (add songs, buy songs, burn a cd, video usage ) or how to use adium (log in with an account, add buddies, customize skins, chatlogs).

And things like that.

So anyone interested can PM me and I will soon open a little board for switchers where the team can then discuss things. I'm even pleased if you just want to contribute one article, but please help.

The Site is located at www.kamu.ch/switch

People who are interested in becoming editors may head over to www.kamu.ch/switch/unb and register. Then go to the "Article request" forum and check out the sticky thread "Article To-Do-List".

EDIT
People who are interested in becoming editors may head over to www.kamu.ch/switch/unb and register. Then go to the "Article request" forum and check out the sticky thread "Article To-Do-List".

If you want to work on any of those topics, mail me and I'll give you access to the editor's section.

Thanks
yogi

OP
Y
Reaction score
hardly. Your books are hard touchable books, and if anyone wants them they will buy them. This site is hardly an alternative, but it's a cheap way of getting *some* information. Your book (i saw the samples) is really well done, and covers macs and hardware more extensively. I for one, have banned PPCs because the site is targeted at switchers who buy new macs now onwards.

L

lil

I think you may have taken what I said wrongly...

...what I meant was is I may have something I can write for you which I won't be including in the books plus a few other bits :flower:

Vicky

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I could be convinced to write an article on switching as I have not long made the switch from Win XP to OS X myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I like the idea, as a noobie I'm still soaking up all I can on Mac's and a site like this would be very helpful. Mac-Forums has been a great help in answering many of my questions, but all resources are appreciated.

OP
Y
Reaction score

If you want to work on any of those topics, mail me and I'll give you access to the editor's section.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
I suppose it isn't just for "noobies", I've been using OSX for almost 3 years now and I am still learning new things about the OS almost daily, you will usually find this stuff in site just like this one being mentioned.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Definitely not just for "n00bs". Though it's main aim is to comfort any lost windows people fleeing from their colorful inside / gray outside boxes.
But everyone can always learn, especially when topics are covered in such an orderly manner (copmared to the unorderly "Hmm what does this button do" way of learning things).

OP
Y
Reaction score
Good, now the whole recruiting process has been set up nicely, and your work will be published under CC ShareAlike License.

We need your help! Please join!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.