• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple readying multi-coloured MacBooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive
well.. as long as they have the regular colour also. then i guess it would be fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Return of the flavours would be totally sweet!

Reaction score
I do not like those colors for Apple "Professional" line of laptops. Those might work for the "Education/Home User" line. I like the white or grey color scheme and maybe a black would be nice.

Reaction score
I Agree, as long as they have the original color, too. Those colors in that link don't do anything for me, though. They should have more guy-like colors, which I guess would be darker blues and reds and stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
If I was a child under the age of 12 I may love the multiple colors, but as an adult I think they are absolutely hideous and stupid. I am holding out hope that the Macbook will be offered in Aluminum like the Macbook Pro line, or at least black. If they turn out to be white or any other color, I will shun Apple and will most likely take my business elsewhere. As you can tell, I really want a 13.3" widescreen professional looking Macbook that doesn't look like a child finger painted it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
techster82 said:
If I was a child under the age of 12 I may love the multiple colors, but as an adult I think they are absolutely hideous and stupid. I am holding out hope that the Macbook will be offered in Aluminum like the Macbook Pro line, or at least black. If they turn out to be white or any other color, I will shun Apple and will most likely take my business elsewhere. As you can tell, I really want a 13.3" widescreen professional looking Macbook that doesn't look like a child finger painted it.

Oh the irony...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
i would love to see a full black one with the white apple logo glowing - that would look sweet!!!

Reaction score
WizzKid said:
i would love to see a full black one with the white apple logo glowing - that would look sweet!!!

That would be sweet! Matches with my black iPod. Very sleek and professional looking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think a matte black aluminum case would be great. Color with a professional style. Plus it may not show wear as easy as the silver ones do.

OP
D

Daniel 1989 UK

MacRumors said:
Appleinsider revives a rumor that Apple may reintroduce colors into the upcoming Intel iBooks (MacBooks).

Apple introduced colors to the Mac platform in the Bondi Blue iMac in 1998. This was followed by a number of different colored iMacs and patterns. Later, Apple settled back on the current glossy-white enclosure of the current iMac and current iBook.

Given the recent success of the black-iPods, Apple is reportedly considering introducing other colors into the upcoming MacBook notebooks.

According to the rumor site, Apple has been especially secretive about the potential colors that they are testing for the upcoming notebook, but there are suggestions that there will be at least two colored MacBook models. Instead of semi-translucent colors, they are reported to be solid-shade colors.

An earlier unverified report had claimed that Apple was going to be introducing light-weight notebooks with a "stylish design" aimed at targeting female customers.

Source

This is nice off Apple, letting you choose what colour Macbook you want,if this is true I'll be going for a Black Macbook the apple logo on the back of it should be white, really stylish.

Vote here for what colour your most likely to buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, yes my iMac. I can see where you may have a point. The thing is it doesn't have to leave my house and go to meetings with me. I even had an iBook for sometime, and loved everything about it but the color. Hmmm, I wonder if I could run to Walmart and pick up a couple of cans of Krylon and have a black iMac??

Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG!!! Lime Green!!! If they released the ibooks with a lime green color I'd be the first one to buy and use as my secondary laptop next to my macbook pro...lol

I loved the colors on the clamshells, I think it's a great idea if they release new colored ibooks (or wtv it's going to be called)

Reaction score
techster82 said:

Oh common, open up to your inner kid ;)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry man, not on my laptops. I like a clean smooth look, and I am a huge fan of modern furniture that uses metal. All of my office equipment is silver industrial looking stuff and I like my laptops to have the same feel, such as the powerbooks and macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
techster82 said:
Sorry man, not on my laptops. I like a clean smooth look, and I am a huge fan of modern furniture that uses metal. All of my office equipment is silver industrial looking stuff and I like my laptops to have the same feel, such as the powerbooks and macbook pro.
then why would you have sold your TiBook??? if you want a computer to match all that stuff that is THE one...i got one for you to buy if you are in desire of another one ;)

those colors are aweful and no straight male would ever purchase one....im sorry but it has to be said and i am sorry if it offends anybody....those are easter pastel colors and not good choices for an ibook.

black, grey/silver, forest green, navy blue, white would be a good list just off the top of my head
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.