• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac font

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They use two proprietary fonts.
Apple Myriad and Apple Garamond.

OP
Pixel_Donkey
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. Are these available to the public?

Lucida Grande is the nearest font I can find but it doesn't feel right, the characters in places don't seem as well proportioned.

I have some graphic design work and the font is simple, yet its not like arial or helvetica. I would like to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Since their fonts are proprietary, by definition they are not available to the public.
You could however use a standard Myriad or Garamond and it would be fairly close. You may also want to use Illustrator to condense or alter the font shapes to closer resemble the Apple versions.

L

lil

Apple Garamond is available these days if you do a quick google search. Myriad Pro is the closest you can get to Apple Myriad.

Vicky

OP
Pixel_Donkey
Reaction score
Thank you :)

What are the best fonts to get, post script, true type. What font types work on OS X and what font types work on OS 9. I have two macs at work using OS X and OS 9 and I am always having problem fonts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.