How to transfer videos from Mac to Iphone

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to transfer videos (mp4, avi, flv, mpeg) from my Mac into my iPhone 6 using the latest version of iTunes.

A) I tried clicking and dragging the videos from my Mac into the 'movies' section of iTunes but iTunes doesn't allow it
B) I tried going into 'File' and clicked on 'Add to Library' but nothing happens.

Edit: Solved!! Can someone delete this thread.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Why no9t let others know how you solved the problem. The answer could benefit someone having similar problems.

OP
S
Reaction score
Why no9t let others know how you solved the problem. The answer could benefit someone having similar problems.

True. My bad.

Yeh, when I tried to click and drag the video, it doesn't do it. The problem was that the video must be in MP4 or any other compatible format. Eg FLV and MPEG doesnt work. The solution was simple but can easily be neglected since when we sync music or photos we rarely, if ever, take the format into consideration

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for letting us know. I kind of thought that was the problem but iTunes has been known to have problems importing video from time to time even if it is in compatible formats. It does not happen often but I've had it happen with both video and audio files.

Reaction score
How tor transfer videos from Mac to iPhone

In the newer versions after OS X El Capitan there is a new application called "Photos" through that app you should be able to import the photos that way also. If you go to iTunes while your iPhone is plugged in at the top left hand corner there should be an iPhone icon, click that icon. It should bring up a window within the iTunes window and you want to go to the left of that window and click photo. It should give you options on what you want to import but before you hit "Sync" on the bottom right hand corner of the window, go back to the left to "Music" and make sure that "Import Entire Library" isn't selected if you don't want your music to take up room on your phone. One last thing if you go to the iPhone's Settings>Photos and turn on Photostream then you won't have to do any of that. As long as you have an iCloud account it will automatically add photos to your iPhone if you add them to the photos app on your Mac and you have photostream turned on for your photos app on your Mac and same for your phone it will automatically through wifi add any photos you add to your iPhone onto your mac. You can also see your photos through the "Photos" application on iCloud's website www.icloud.com and to go straight to the photos app copy and paste www.icloud.com/#photos then sign in.

I hope this was helpful

Thank You
S8webpc

Reaction score
Some iOS-unfriendly formats cannot be add to iTunes or sync to iPhone. You need first convert them to iOS-supported format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.