I just ordered an IMAC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
does this sound like a good system that I ordered? I hope it is cause it is already being processed through the Apple store. I know I will need more memory but, I will get that later.

Product Details

Model 20-inch iMac
Processor 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
L2 Cache 2MB Shared
System bus 667MHz
Memory 512MB (single SODIMM) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300), supports up to 2GB
Hard drive 250GB Serial ATA; 7200 rpm
Optical drive Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 2.4x Dual Layer burn (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Display 20-inch (viewable) widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD, 1680 x 1050 pixels, millions of colors
Video camera Built-in iSight
Graphics ATI Radeon X1600 with 128MB GDDR3 memory, with upgrade option to 256MB GDDR3 SDRAM
Ports Two FireWire 400 ports; three USB 2.0 ports, two USB 1.1 ports (on keyboard); mini-DVI port; DVI output2; VGA output2; S-video and composite video output
Audio Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone, headphone/optical digital audio output, audio line in
Networking Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Wireless Built-in 54 Mbps AirPort Extreme (802.11g); built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module.
Hardware accessories Apple Remote, Apple Keyboard, Mighty Mouse

Dooglla

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Looks like a real good score to me, except get more RAM. I wish I could afford a system like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Ive got one :D :D hehe there AMAZING serously

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Thanks...I was worried and hope I got a good graphics card for it. I hope I did.

Reaction score
I have one also, however mine has 1.5gb ram and its extremely fast :D

The graphics card is ok but not excellent.

Reaction score
well looks like the standard 20" iMac to me - I don't see what shouldn't be good about it, or what's different.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Pixel_Donkey said:
I have one also, however mine has 1.5gb ram and its extremely fast :D

The graphics card is ok but not excellent.

What is excellent? And can the cards be changed out? I'm a newbie now. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
yogi said:
well looks like the standard 20" iMac to me - I don't see what shouldn't be good about it, or what's different.
Yeah, me too. Sounds like your standard 20" iMac to me.
Should be good to go and no worries.

I do have one suggestion for you with regards to future purchases... if you have any questions feel free to ask before you actually put your order through ;).

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
If it is the standard iMac then you will have no problems.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Man oh man is this machine nice or what. I got everything up and running and this machine has got me smiling from ear to ear. I can't understand what took me so long to do this.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Ok...need to ask...since I have been getting mail with outlook express and sometime getting mail with virus attachments will I have to worry about getting mailon the imac with viruses and spam? I haven't setup my mailbox yet cause of this.

Reaction score
Of course our dear Schweb's thread is always great. But to keep it short:

You won't have to worry getting any mac viruses in your mail at all. You might still get some windows viruses, but they won't affect you, but they could spread on your local network.

Best advice: Never open email you don't know where it's from. Gmail has virus scannning now and so I trust Gmail. But be smart and keep the overwiev over your mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.