Setting native resolution in iTunes Visualizer

B

BillyBoy

Good morning All,

I'm trying to run the visualizer at full widescreen native resolution on my PC. I've got a Dell FP2405 monitor which has a native resolution of 1920*1200.

I've tried all combinations of GPU driver settings, and all of the different iTunes visualizer settings but can't seem to make it work properly. I either have to set the driver to lock the default iTunes width and height (that gives me a crisp picture with good frame rates but not in widescreen) or remove the driver lock and get full widescreen display but with crummy frame rates and a grainy stretched appearance on screen.

Is there a way I can force the visualizer to play full widescreen with good frame rates and a sharp (non-stretched) picture?

Thanks in advance,

BB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I use SwitchResX to make my iTunes visualizer run fluently at the native screen resolution in fullscreen (1680x1050 on a 20" widescreen) at about 25-30fps.
The only thing I wasn't aware of is that SwitchResX and the ATI display tools don't like each other, resulting in kernel panics after installing SwitchResX. Did an archive and install, installed SwitchResX again, but not the ATI tools, and no problem ever since.

This is on a Mac, on a PC I never tried to do that.

OP
S

speedstream15

Can someone help me?
My room mate recently acquired a used iBook G4...and when trying to clean up the harddrive...he put the hard drive in the reycle bin and then restarted the computer. This caused a massive kernel panic. It cannot find the Platform: Powerbook6, 7.
I have tried everything known to man...the command-alt-shift-delete...ive tried booting from the disk itself...holding down C w/ every disk from the new operating system (Panter) to the system repair software.
I tired holding down the ALT key and booting from the disk like that...and it wants to...it starts too...and then the Apple turns to a circle w/ a slash threw it.
Ive educated myself as much as possible...my roommate doesnt have Applecare because he got it used...so I'm lost.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.

OP
L

lil

When you say clean, do you mean format?

And why would you try and drag the hard disk into the trash?

Have you tried booting the restore DVD/CD with C held down on startup, selected the language and then gone to the Utilities > Disk Utility menu item, the partition may have become unmounted in which case it needs to be remounted; or you may even be able to run a file system scan.

At this point I am just bemused why one would want to try and 'clean' the hard disk by putting the whole thing in the trash...

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.