OSX 10.3 Full or Upgrade CD ?

J

justmehere

Hey gang.

Just want to know if the orginal 10.3 CD's I have are full install or upgrade ? I ran the install over 10.0 and it told me I couldn't upgrade 10.0 so I chose to do a clean install. does this mean its a full install but also a upgrade too ? Why wouldn't 10.3 disk 1 boot from the CDROM ? Can I burn the disk 1 to make a back up copy but make it bootable ?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
10.0 can't be upgraded by anything but 10.1. 10.1 I think can then be upgraded by 10.3. Since 10.0 was really a beta, Apple offered a free upgrade to 10.1 back in the day.

All 10.3 retail CD's are full versions. They will detect previous versions and offer the ability to upgrade.

OP
J

justmehere

thanks for the reply and information. I wasn't sure but I thought it must be a full installation since it allowed a clean install.

Reaction score
10.0 can't be upgraded by anything but 10.1. 10.1 I think can then be upgraded by 10.3. Since 10.0 was really a beta, Apple offered a free upgrade to 10.1 back in the day.

All 10.3 retail CD's are full versions. They will detect previous versions and offer the ability to upgrade.

So, any upgrade CD, from 10.1 to 10.6 works for clean install? :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.