A Newbie Question!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Well there is one thing that I have to ask about Mac's cause I have only had one for about a week and a half now. Is there a program that I can use/get on an Intel iMac G5 17" for free that does things like putting pictures together, drawing over, and adding words in the picture. Pretty much, anything that does what Paint does on Microsoft.

Any input will be very much appreciated!! :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Hmm...

Use GIMP. Google it, and download the OS X version. That's what I use, and it's AWESOME.

OP
dimagex20
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlindingLights said:
Hmm...

Use GIMP. Google it, and download the OS X version. That's what I use, and it's AWESOME.

Well can I get it Universal Binary?

D

dmetzcher

dimagex20 said:
Well can I get it Universal Binary?
Sounds like you are doing low-end graphic work, so universal binary is not critical. Things will be slow, but not necessarily for what you are doing.

(I wonder how slow GIMP is on an Intel Mac compared with Photoshop. Anyone tested this yet?)

OP
dimagex20
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I downloaded it, but it won't run cause when I try to open it a window pops up saying "You need to install Mac OS 11"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
dimagex20 said:
Well, I downloaded it, but it won't run cause when I try to open it a window pops up saying "You need to install Mac OS 11"
I believe that is referring to X11, which should be included on whatever install DVD came with your mac.

OP
dimagex20
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh Ok, the **** that came with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
dimagex20 said:
Oh Ok, the **** that came with it?

Yes yes, the **** that came with the computer. ;)

When you open the disc after it's mounted scroll down and look for a folder called something like Extras or something like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
jram said:
Check and see if you have Graphic Converter

THANK YOU! I have been looking for a Paint replacement since I got my Mac! I had no idea that was what graphic converter did!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.