• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Kirby Vacuum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I just had a kirby sales lady stop by my house today and do a demenstration of there vacuum. Does anyone on here have one?? and if you do is it worth it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Did they name the vacuum Kirby because of the pink guy and he does a lot sucking as I've seen in the past.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i dont know about that but when the day comes i want a dyson
30W959.jpg

-chris

Reaction score
We had an old Kirby. Very good vacuum. If you need one and can afford it, go for it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Thats waht we have now, we have the animal dyson. And when they went over where I ran my dyson they pulled up alot of dirt. Wasnt sure if this is something they have built into there sweeper to make it look that way, or if it is really that good.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a Kirby Generation 4. I got it at a thrift store for $100 which freeks out all the Kirby store people in my town. Very good vacuum but if I had to pay the full price for one I probably would have not bought it. It's well built though. I use the blower part to blow the dust out of peoples computers I work on. It's the best device I have ever used for that purpose!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Ive got Kirby's and electrolux's... My kirby is from 1962 and it is still working fine ! I love all the attachmentes, especially the grinder :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
They offered to sell me mine at 899 with taxes included payable over 12month period with only taxes down.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Dyson's are by far the best I have ever used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
macAttack said:
ever seen a meile?

I have a Miele Red Star. Very nicely built, works great. I especially like that fact that for it's power, it's very quiet.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
They're a lot cheaper on eBay (but still very expensive) and you don't have to deal with the salespeople.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The Kirby people came to my house too. They said "this thing can get out any stain, on any surface". After they cleaned pretty much my entire house they started doing the sales pitch "you can have it for this price...yada yada" then I made them leave.

So it was worth the free house cleaning...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yeah dyson is the best.

--

D

Delty

We have one of those red Eureka Commercial vacuums, it's pretty old but she still has plenty of power.

Reaction score
mdavis71 said:
I just had a kirby sales lady stop by my house today and do a demenstration of there vacuum. Does anyone on here have one?? and if you do is it worth it??

Wow! Kirby Vaccuum? I used to be a salesman who goes door to door! Those things can cost upwards to 3,000!

Did they show you that little trick where they used those paper and laid it all across the floor to show you how much dirt is in your carpet? I had to do that once.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Yes they sure did.. YOu use to be a kirby salesman??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.