New MSN Messenger for Mac?

Reaction score
does anyone know when the new msn messenger for mac will be out? it's out already the new windows messenger live, will there be any update for mac messenger? we needed webcam and video conversation!! is someone know any info of this?

2tone_punk

a read somewhere a while back that they are not going to be releasign any more msn messenger for mac's sorry i dont have written proof so i may just be think of some rubbish i read but try amsn some people have got the webcam working, i cnat but its possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2 Ghz
I also read that the next iChat will have msn on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
yea i use amsn but its not as good as windows msn interface sadly, but it does to webcam but not microphone!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with 1GB ram
I'm also an aMSN user, its not bad. Took a bit to get the webcam to work but once it did was great.

I'll also add that ive too read somewhere that microsoft are not developing MAC Messenger any more. iChat being able to use MSN would be ace though. Any more info on that?

D

Daniel 1989 UK

MSN mac support got dropped a while back so there won't be any new versions. Its on version 5 but its basically the same as the Windows version except it dosen't have nudging,winking or webcam support it also looks alot nicer with the brushed metal theme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
So ...

Is there a way to have AUDIO and VIDEO communication between Mac and PC?

This is important to me: I convinced my reluctant wife to go Mac, based on the nice ads about iChat. So far, no communication has been possible with our PC relatives.

There are several reasons we don't like our nice (but useless) iMac G5, but this is Number 1.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Daniel 1989 UK said:
MSN mac support got dropped a while back so there won't be any new versions. Its on version 5 but its basically the same as the Windows version except it dosen't have nudging,winking or webcam support it also looks alot nicer with the brushed metal theme.
Microsoft has not abandoned MSN support. There has been no official announcement...if there is one, do you care to link to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
plattypuss said:
I also read that the next iChat will have msn on it
They also said iChat would do this in Tiger. I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
lil said:
http://www.mercury.to/index.php?page=Mac -- this may help you?

It is supposed to MSN compatible with webcam and a better UI.

What other problems are you encountering to make your experience less than desirable at the moment? What is making it useless?

Vicky

Hi, thanks for your kind reply. I will try that Mercury software and "see" what happens.

About my other problems, I guess I will be posting them one by one in the newbie section, in order to keep things organized in here. They have to do with: user interface (very mouse dependant), MS Office files not 100% compatible with PC, managing files with Finder, Safari parental controls (a joke), can't access my bank's website from Safari, trouble with USB flash memory and the list goes on.

Sigh!!!!

I can´t switch back to PC (my laptop died). Selling the G5 now would mean losing money. Guess I'll have to take it easy for the moment and try to make peace with the Mac.

Regards.

L

lil

I'll agree somewhat the mac UI is mouse dependant but there are lots of keyboard shortcuts. Also Ctrl + F2 will enable keyboard navigation of menus.

Finder is not Windows Explorer and it will take some getting used to.

What parts of MS Office files are not PC compatible? I haven't experienced this yet and I use my Apple in a very windows-centric network at work so I'd be intrigued, and may have some tips.

Finally, have your tried Firefox for the Mac to see if it will work with your bank's website? Unfortunately there are a cluster of sites that still demand Microsoft Internet Explorer—and there are ways to spoof as IE.

Hopefully we can get someway along the path of resolving all these nasty things to make the Mac more useful than it is now.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
its not even worth your time, its a royal PITA!

just use adium does everything ive ever needed it to

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.