Boot camp and apple keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
OK, I have a 20" Imac Intel Duo.

My daughter is completing her course work and her school uses 'Microsoft Publisher', because of this I chose to load 'Boot Camp' and Windows XP, no problems there, everything works fine.

Part of her reports requires her to produce screen dumps into her 'Publisher' work. I have an 'Apple' keyboard on my system and am struggling to know what keys to use in XP on the keyboard to produce the screen dumps, I know I can use a piece of shareware to produce the dumps but it would be handy to know what keys to use on the apple keyboard, can anybody help?

Reaction score
I don't thnk Windows XP has any native screen dumping. There's nothing like Command-Shift-3 on XP.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
If I use a standard (non-apple) keyboard, there is a specific key for Screen dumping into say a 'Microsoft Word' document when using 'XP', it's on the top row of the keyboard next to 'F12'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Oh, you mean like taking a picture of the screen? I don't think that's actually possible in Windows with a Mac keyboard because with Windows, there's a key called "Prt Scrn" that takes a snapshot of the screen and puts it in your pictures folder. So keyboard-wise I don't think you can do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
You could try the on screen keyboard.

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Accessibilty > On Screen Keyboard.

Click the psc button (next to F12) on the OSK, then paste in Word, Paint etc.

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I believe there is a screen dump actually

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Wicker man, thanks for that, I didn't even know that the 'on scereen keyboard' existed.

Reaction score
You need a thing called "Apple Keys" download that and then F13 becomes the Print Screen Button.

I've used an Apple Keyboard for about a year on my PC until it became very very dirty!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Darrensen, I did a quick search on 'google' for that app but found nothing. Do you have any pointers please?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Disregard my last post, I found it! Thanks for that Darrensen

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Darrensen

Managed to download that app but unfortunately it doesn't work, no matter, I managed to get a screen dump using a downloaded program called 'SnagIt'. Thanks anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.